Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pioneer Day . 2012

As with last year, Patrick had to work this year on Pioneer Day...and, I wasn't really up for taking all three boys on my own to the parade.  Plus, at the Fourth of July parade Harvick and Jarrett didn't really love the parade.  So, just Ryder and I headed out (while my parents watched Harvick and Jarrett).

This year, we were running a bit late, so I threw the stroller in the back of the car, and left...you know, without a seat/blanket of any kind for me.  AND, without noticing that it was RAINING outside.  AND, without remembering that my memory card was still in the computer...and not in my camera (so thankful for camera phones!).

We were able to park at the south end of the parade route (staging area), and walk a few blocks until we found a seat.  Luckily, I had a towel in the car, and also an umbrella.  Ryder and I sat on the curb (using the towel), and were able to be positioned under a tree, so our umbrella was only minimally needed.

Ryder loved seeing the floats as they came down, and enjoyed getting the candy as it was thrown.  He chose a sucker to be the treat to enjoy as the parade continued, and was quite pleased with his choice - he made it last for nearly an hour!


Although it would have been fun for everyone to go to the parade, it was a fun morning with Ryder.  It's fun to have one-on-one time with each of our boys, and the opportunity doesn't present itself often.

I tried at the beginning of the parade (top) to get a picture together...Ryder was more interested in telling me that horses were walking by.  At the end (bottom), I tried again...only to have Ryder remain uninterested in my photo-documenting attempts.

No comments: