Wednesday, February 2, 2011

25 Week Update

Another doctor appointment this morning.

Both boys are looking great.  My OB was very pleased that he could easily find both boys' heartbeats (apparently, at this stage, it because difficult to distinguish them because of their size and close quarters) - and both sounded perfect.  It was, again, another short appointment.  The one advantage of seeing my OB and a Perinatologist is that it makes my OB visits last only 10 or so minutes (however, the Perinatologist are at least an hour+).

I have started to have some water retention/swelling (sooner than with Ryder), but my blood pressure is remaining at an "optimal" level - today it was 116/62 - so, my OB isn't concerned yet.  I've been encouraged to put my feet up as often as possible, wear a "maternity belt" when standing for long periods of time, and just resting in general.

In the end, there is again no new news about the babies - just confirmation that everything is looking good overall.

I did have to take the first (of what may be a couple, just to be on the "safe side") glucose test this morning.  The lab should have my results available for my doctor tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning, and I will only hear from him if there is an issue.  Given my history with Ryder and the fact that I am carrying "full-size" twins, he suspects there may be an issue, but we're both still optimistic that I will be okay!

No comments: