Monday, January 28, 2013

Treehouse Museum . 01.05.2013

The cold weather doesn't stop Patrick and me from taking the boys out.  It's definitely more work getting everyone bundled up, strapped in their carseats, and to our destination, but I'm grateful in looking back, that we still make the effort.  The first weekend of the New Year, we headed back to a favorite place of the boys - the Treehouse Museum.

As usual, I took (too) many pictures, and rather than making collages with many pictures, this time it's a bit more separated...

Climbing up the stairs is hard work for little legs!
(Harvick in blue, Jarrett in gray)

Ryder, learning to trace.

Jarrett is fascinated with my camera.  I love close-up shots!

These magnetic plastic "blocks" are so much fun, especially on the light table.

Building this arch with the blocks is always a favorite of the boys', but knocking it over is even more fun!  And, Ryder is finally tall enough to help hold the blocks in place until the center one can be set.

The blocks are heavy, but it doesn't stop Harvick & Jarrett from attempting to carry them around!

My Ryder Boy.

Playing the drums!

Ahoy Matey!

Art time - with Patrick keeping an eye on Harvick and/or Jarrett while I take pictures!

We don't often get to explore the downstairs, but the boys had fun at this little safari station.

Me, in all my weekend-so-I-won't-wear-make-up-glory, with Ryder.  I love when he'll take a picture with me - but, he struggles with the flash even more than I do.

A quick stop at the farm area...

And, ending with the trains (or, in Harvick's case a tractor brought over from the farm area).

The Treehouse can definitely be a bit chaotic, but the boys have so much fun in all the areas.  And, thanks to a generous Christmas gift from Patrick's Grandparents, and Aunt & Uncle, we get to go often!

No comments: