Wednesday, April 6, 2011

34 Week Update

Another OB appointment this morning. 
.
And, for the first time in the last several appointments, there is actually news!
.
My OB measured me, and checked the boys' heartbeats.  My issues with swelling have increased (substantially), but my blood pressure is doing awesome.  This morning it was 112/70 - so good that they re-checked it to make sure they didn't do it incorrect the first time.  The swelling was a pre-cursor to the Pre-Eclampsia last time, but only because it was combined with increasing blood pressure and protein in my urine.  So far, with the absence of the second two "signs", I'm still considered in the clear!
.
He checked to see if I was dialated . . . and . . . I'm at 2cm already.  I still haven't "dropped" all the way, so even though it sounds like I could go into labor right away, he still feels it'll be at least 2 weeks.  He even is "excusing" me from my appointment next week (I'm seeing the Perinatologist next Friday anyway), because all signs indicate everything is going well.
.
He's not big on making estimations (remember, he didn't even want to make a guess at the twins' gender), but with my goal (May 6) in mind, he says that he really thinks I can get myself pretty close to that.  From today, I could deliver in as early as 7 days, with a max of 30 from now! 
.
Oh . . . and, if you are interested, I had maternity pictures taken last week.  Heather posted one to her blog yesterday: Heather Mickey - Maternity Picture

No comments: