Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brothers . May 2011

I've decided to make it a goal to take a picture of the 3 boys together at least once a month.  I'm sure there are some months it will happen more often, but I left it at just once to make it manageable for at least the next year.

For May, the day they all wore their "Big Brother" T-shirt/"Little Brother" onesies, we'd thought we would try to capture them all together.  Turns out that a 22 month old and 2 2-week olds do not all like to cooperate at the same time . . . if at all.

First . . . the Nap Nannys together, with Ryder reclining on the joined middle . . .

Grumpy (Jarrett), Confused (Ryder), and Sleepy (Harvick)

Squished (Jarrett), Annoyed (Ryder), and Mad (Harvick)

Next . . . maybe Ryder would like to sit/kneel/stand behind the twins . . .

Take the picture quick!

Too slow!
 SERIOUSLY . . . this next one is the BEST one.  And, you can be assured that I took a lot to get just this one.


Alone, Ryder was willing to cooperate.

Over the past weekend, we pulled out the matching jammies I bought for the boys when I found out I was pregnant with twins.  Seriously - all the boys in the SAME jammies.  So cute!

At first, we tried laying them down on the floor . . .

(Harvick, Ryder, and Jarret)
But, Ryder's patience only lasted 2 seconds . . .

FINALLY . . . I thought to put them all in the rocking chair.  It worked out okay . . .

(Harvick, Ryder, Jarrett)

THEN . . . we had the GENIOUS idea to have Ryder put his arms around his little brothers . . . and by some miracle, IT WORKED!!!


BROTHERS . May 2011
(Harvick, Ryder, and Jarrett)

Wow.  I would love to think that it will only get easier to do this, but somehow I think 2 boys who can crawl away, and an older brother, still a toddler, will be just as difficult . . . in a different way.

Wish me luck!

No comments: