Monday, September 12, 2011

Introducing Leighton and London!

Little did I know one of my co-workers would turn out to have so much in common with us . . .

Jennika (my co-worker) has a love for photography.  I'm not kidding - if you think I have a love for it - meet Jennika.  She takes just as many pictures as me, also has her own photographer that regularly takes her family pictures, and scrapbooks it all!  Jennika has a 2 year old daughter, Kaebrie.  Kaebrie is just 9 months older than Ryder.

Shortly after we announced I was pregnant with twins, Jennika also found out she was pregnant . . . with twins!  Our due dates were about 2 months apart.  As we each progressed in pregnancy we would compare how things were going, and talk about our soon-to-be completely crazy lives.  I commented that I couldn't imagine having a daughter after having Ryder, and she couldn't imagine having a son after having Kaebrie.

Turns out that in December Patrick and I found out we would be having two boys, and in early February(?) Jennika found out she and her husband would be having two girls!

In the end, Harvick and Jarrett were born just 5.5 weeks before Leighton and London.  With 6 kids between us, and Kaebrie, at the ripe old age of nearly 3 being the oldest - we have more in common than we could have imagined!

Mid-August Jennika and her husband invited us over for their annual BBQ, and we were able to introduce all the kids.  Of course, Kaebrie and Ryder were less than impressed, but I'm pretty sure that Harvick, Jarrett, Leighton, and London thought it was pretty fun!


Hanging out together on the baby blanket!
(Harvick and Jarrett look like giants - between being more than a month older, and big in general)
Jennika's friend's baby (upper left), Leighton and London (bottom left), Harvick (top right), Jarrett (middle right)
It's great having a friend with children so close in age - it will be fun to get our kids together for play dates!  Plus, looking our for eachother when we find good photography/clothes/baby related deals is an added bonus!

No comments: