Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tuesday Night

I voted yesterday!  Yes, I realize, that in-and-of-itself doesn't sound like a "post-worthy" topic.  But, let me repeat myself . . . I voted yesterday WITH THREE BOYS, and NO Patrick.  You see, Patrick was teaching a class last night, and wouldn't get home in time for me to vote before the polls close.

Primary elections, especially local ones, are often viewed as less important (most of my co-workers who I told I didn't have a chance to vote didn't even know it was a voting day - seriously, many of them were confused, telling me the Presidential election isn't this year).  However, Patrick and I both have an interest in local government, and want to be a part of our city's future decisions.

So . . . off to the polls I went . . . three boys in tow . . .

I carried Jarrett in a sling (he was awake), I carried Harvick in his carseat (he was taking a cat nap) in my right arm, and held Ryder's hand with my left hand.  We were quite the sight, I'm sure.

Ryder did a great job of listening while we were there, and was rewarded with his very own "ball" (since it was a circle) sticker . . .
Ryder loved his sticker, but didn't want to stand still for a picture.
By the time we got home, we were running a little late.  Ryder was a great big brother, and helped entertain his little brothers while I got some things put away.

Ryder shook one of the stuffed caterpillars for Harvick and Jarrett to watch.
(Harvick on the left (back), Jarrett on the right (tummy))
Before Ryder and I could have dinner, kisses were given out.

First a kiss for Jarrett (and a confused look about me taking a picture)

Then, a kiss for Harvick.
Dinner was served (despite have cold cereal, we still had veggies and fruit - so it would count as a good meal!), we played, and, of course ended the night with baths!

Harvick LOVES playing with his tongue - but, it doesn't stop him from putting his hands in his mouth!

A skeptical Ryder - I couldn't coax a smile out of him at all.

Happy Jarrett!
I made it through the evening on my own.  Really, it's an accomplishment - especially on bath night!

No comments: