Monday, September 24, 2012

Random Evenings

Today a friend commented that I haven't been updating the blog as much as I had been recently.  This person hasn't updated their blog since NOVEMBER...but...

So, tonight, rather than just skipping a night because I have too many pictures of the things I want to blog, you get a snapshot into our typical evenings.  Our routine in the evening varies slightly, depending on the night, but typically the boys have some time to play with any (or every!) toy they want after dinner.  I love when Patrick and I have the time to just be with them, letting them lead our interactions.  When I can, I try to take a snapshot or two, to try to remember these nights.  I do love having pictures of our weekend outings, or holidays, but the pictures of our everyday are often my favorite.

Sitting on the couch, all at separate times.  Ever since Harvick & Jarrett figured out how to climb on the couch on their own (for probably 4-5 months now), you can find them randomly sitting there, often without any toy, or the TV on, just enjoying their accomplishment.
(Jarrett, Harvick, and Ryder)

Sometimes the boys will all interact together in a joint game/activities, and other nights they prefer to all play on their own, with only occasional interaction.  It's fun to see them work together, but also great to watch as they develop individual personalities!
(Harvick, Jarrett, and Ryder)

It's the simple things that bring us the most joy, right?  Evenings like the ones pictured above is just that for me.  Nothing fancy, no special effort/time/etc.  Just us.  Being a family.

No comments: