Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Bowling"

When Harvick & Jarrett had RSV, keeping the boys entertained at home was quite a challenge.  Between Ryder not feeling sick at all, and us wanting to keep him that way, we did our best to let him escape the house - errands with Patrick or me, and 2 visits to the Treehouse!

However, on Sunday morning we pulled out a "bowling" set I bought on a super clearance when I was pregnant with Ryder.  If I remember right, I got it for $2 or $3 - a price I couldn't pass up - I knew I'd eventually use it!

None of our boys have been bowling, so it was quite interesting trying to teach them the rules!

Ryder totally understood the concept, and loved when it was his turn!

Harvick is awesome at throwing a ball, but needs to work on his rolling skills - he has the enthusiasm part covered!
And, that center picture makes me laugh - Ryder totally photo bombed it!

Jarrett needed the most help with rolling it (again, he is good at throwing), and also needed a little help with his enthusiasm.  This day was probably Jarrett's sickest...

From behind.
(Harvick, Ryder, and Jarrett)

Setting up the pins was rather annoying, so Patrick & I switched positions to keep it interesting for us too!

Not the greatest shot of the boys, but a fun memory!
(Harvick, Jarrett, and Ryder)

The bowling game has been stored away in the closet, so that it stays a fun and interesting game for the boys.  Although all 3 liked it, I think it will be even more fun next time - when everyone is feeling good!

No comments: