Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ryder . 3 1/2 Years Old

Our baby is three and a half years old (last month, actually - I'm just slow in getting this post published).  It's cliche, I know, but this kid is growing up too fast!

Ryder is such a fun little boy.  He has developed quite a sense of humor, and is often trying to tease Patrick or me about things, the way we do with him.  He's a great big brother to Harvick and Jarrett - he has his moments, but overall, he gets along with them well.

Ever since Ryder's "Teddy Bear Parade" at school, where he took his dog, Lucy (instead of a teddy bear), he has rediscovered his love for the dog.  Lucy spends the nights with him in bed, and stays out in the Family Room when we're playing, and at the end of the table during meals (she "just watches").

Ryder always answers that his favorite color is green (and, really, I don't think it is because that is his "assigned" color), but often chooses something blue when given the choice.  He will tell you his favorite food is peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, but he continues to be a good eater of most food.  Ryder rarely turns down fruit, and likes most veggies (broccoli and cauliflower are "not his favorite").

Ryder is doing extremely well with his speech, and is progressing at Preschool.  His verbal expression has increased immensely, but he still struggles with intelligibility for people who aren't around him often.  My favorite things for him to say are "I wuv (love) Lucy (the stuffed dog)", "my brovhers (brothers", and "everyone knows dat (that)".

Bath time.
(with Harvick in the right picture)

Jumping on the neighbor's trampoline; showing me how the cake toy works; showing off Lucy in the box he painted for the "Teddy Bear Parade"; and watching the Christmas Train go around (and around and around) the tree.

I love that Ryder finally understands the concept of looking at the camera...even when he is super silly when I just wanted to take a quick shot!

Playing with brothers.

A lazy weekend morning, playing in our pajamas.

My always-healthy little guy got rather sick mid-December.  After throwing up all night, I stayed home from work with him the next day.  He hasn't fallen asleep in my lap (much less requested to sit with me when tired) in over a year.  And, he requested to only wear underwear, and be wrapped in a blanket (after taking a nice hot shower) - I couldn't deny the request, and made sure to grab my camera before we sat down.  Thankfully, the bug he had only last 12 hours!

Ryder LOVES his trains!

Helping Patrick eat his last packages of DingDongs - in the picture on the right, he's irritated with me for taking his picture.

If you missed my FB post, Patrick & I bought this giant cardboard train for the boys - they helped to assemble it and decorate (with crayons).  Ryder loves it (and, we still have it - it just had to move downstairs after a few weeks)!

No comments: