Friday, February 22, 2013

Hugs!

Today, I saw a "contest" on FB from PaperCoterie (Order from them, if you haven't already.  Their product is awesome!).  They asked for women to post pictures of what they love about motherhood.  I thought it was cute, but didn't think about entering, until I ran across this picture tonight.

(Jarrett, Harvick, and Ryder)

It was a simple moment.  Jarrett was upset, and needed a hug.  Patrick & I were cleaning up after dinner.  I sat down where I was (notice the oven behind me), and obliged.  Harvick, not one to be left out, sat on the other half of my lap to get a hug.  Ryder, also wanting in on it, ran over, and hugged his brothers.  Luckily, my camera was on the counter!

This simple moment happens often in our home.  Our boys love to show affection, and I couldn't be happier about it.  I'm glad to have a shot that captures the real life moments that are so easy to overlook, or forget.  I won't always have the opportunity to stop what I am doing to meet their request; and these boys won't always initiate hugs.

I posted the photo on their FB page.  Their reminder to appreciate the small things helped this picture (one with no one looking at the camera) to stand out when I saw it.

No comments: