Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Harvick & Jarrett . 18 Months Old

18 months old
.
27 pounds, 6 ounces; 33.75" tall (Harvick)
28 pounds, 6 ounces; 35.25' tall (Jarrett)
.
(Compare to Ryder at 18 Months)

It's hard to believe my babies are already 18 months old!  As they enter ages where, at the same time Ryder was this age, I was pregnant, I find myself thinking back to Ryder.  When Ryder was 18 months old, I was 6 months pregnant with Harvick and Jarrett - I can't imagine that now!

I am ready to be done with the teething stage.  Both boys are up to 12 each (6 on top, 6 on bottom) - that's TWENTY FOUR teeth that have been cut in a short TEN month span - that's about a tooth every other week!

Harvick has become our climber.  If you blink, you may have missed him climbing from the floor, up the chair, and on to the table!  Jarrett can also climb, but seems to find less excitement in doing so.  Harvick and Jarrett continue to LOVE their big brother, and enjoy copying most of his activities.  They both provide much more affection to us, especially when they get picked up from daycare or church, than Ryder did at this age!

And, as much as I only want to report the "good", Harvick and Jarrett have also made no verbal expression advancement.  At this age, they should have at least a few words...I remind myself (constantly) that boys talk later than girls, and multiples talk after singletons - meaning Harvick and Jarrett are at the bottom of the totem pole for starting to talk.  But, if I'm being honest, it's hard.  Both boys have a high level of comprehension, like Ryder, and are able to follow multi-step directions.  Jarrett does say something like "dye", while he waves, while Harvick makes a minimal grunt, if anything, when he waves.  

Enough words...on to the pictures...

Harvick LOVES to play peek-a-boo (top left); When a diaper velcro tab breaks, we duct tape it (we go through too many to just throw it out!) closed (top right); cute expression (bottom left), and a messy baby after enjoying a chocolate treat (bottom right)!

These pictures may be my current favorite series of Harvick and Jarrett.  I had Columbus Day off, and may have treated the boys to a special afternoon snack of cookies (Newtons Fruit Thins - they are the best!).  They, independent of my influence, chose to sick in the recliner together to eat their snack.  Just try to convince me that this isn't on your list of cutest things ever!

Jarrett, stacking rings.

Jarrett (left) and Harvick (right) won't sit with me often to drink their milk, so when they both wanted to one afternoon, I jumped at the chance...and wanted it documented...good thing Ryder is learning how to use my camera - Patrick wasn't available!

Jarrett, figuring out the "Olivia-in-a-box" (top left); posing for a picture with Patrick (taken by Ryder), following the pumpkin painting (bottom left); and, Jarrett must be going through a growth spurt this month - the kid is so sleepy - he has fallen asleep most times we are in the car, and stays alseep in our arms for a short time after.

Harvick is the best Mexican food eater.  The kid LOVES salsa, and always impresses the waitresses  at restaurants with just how much he will consume on his own.  Our favorite Mexican restaurant has even learned to bring him his OWN BOWL already!

No comments: