Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Facebook

I've caved.  Partially.

I am now on Facebook.  But, so far, my posts are all just links back to the blog!  I like the blog format.  I like that it is public, but that really only people that know me read it.

But, Facebook connects you with people.  People I see regularly.  People I grew up with, but have lost touch.  People from school.  From church.

So, I caved.  And joined the meca of all social networks.  Facebook.

All this said, this morning when I finally decided to start inviting friends, I nearly had a heart attack.  Just ask anyone that was in the office this morning.  It brings back all my school year insecurities.  I feel like I'm a confident person.  But, something about clicking that little "Add Friend" button scared me.  I don't particularly enjoy rejection (who does?).  In the end, I just clicked.  I started with a few of my co-workers who promised not to decline.  Added some friends, some family, and did a few of those look at someone's friends, and click those too.

It's a weird thing, Facebook.  Not sure how long it will last...but...if you're reading this, and I didn't "friend" you, take no offense.  I'm just getting started.  Friend me! 

Kayleen Hansen

Create Your Badge

Here's to keeping in touch more easily!

No comments: