Friday, April 20, 2012

Harvick & Jarrett . 50 Weeks

50 weeks old
22 pounds, 2 ounces (Harvick)
22 pounds, 11 ounces (Jarrett)

(Compare to Ryder at 50 Weeks)

FIFTY Weeks.  It's nuts.  My BABIES are just 2 weeks shy of their first birthday.  I know that it is so cliche to say that time has flown.  But, my goodness, I can't believe it has been almost a year since we welcomed them to our family.  Perhaps I'm a bit nostalgic...

Harvick and Jarrett are learning new things daily.  They interact with each other so well, and fight with each other so hard.  The whole "twin speak" phenomenon - it's true.  Our boys really do communicate with each other.  It's amazing how much they communicate, non-verbally, especially.  Patrick and I recently talked with a friend of ours and her (identical) twin sister.  They told us how they have an uncanny ability to know what each other is thinking.  And, how they are able to give each other simple looks, to "explain" something that someone just said.  It was funny to hear their stories...and a bit crazy that we are already seeing those traits in our boys.

Both babies have learned how to give kisses...the open mouth, sometimes a bit of a lick, wet kisses.  Harvick is more consistent, and willing, to give kisses, but boys will do it.  It is definitely one of my favorite things...even if I do have to wipe my lips after kissing them!

Not the greatest picture, but I wanted to show off their coordinating BabyLegs (thanks Jennika!).  Harvick and Jarrett wore theirs this weekend, along with Ryder!
(Jarrett on the left, Harvick on the right)

Proof of the kiss!
(Harvick)

Spending some time outside, it was a bit of a chilly night - but, all 3 boys love being outside!
(Jarrett on the left, Harvick on the right)

I'm still nursing the boys - I had planned on doing it for 9 months (like I did with Ryder), but as we got closer to that time, decided to extend it.  At a year(ish), we will stop the bedtime nursing.  The boys have learned the routine, and know that once they are in their jammies, and I sit down, it's time to nurse...here they are, both ready and excited!
(Harvick on the left, Jarrett on the right)

Jarrett loves "talking" when he is playing - I caught hm as he was getting excited about something.

No comments: