Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You're Invited! . Lansing Going Away Party

I do not have any memories of church that do not include Sarah (Sorensen) Lansing.  When her family moved to Utah, our church split our class into 2, according to the alphabet.  And, as "S" last names, we were together.

Sarah and I have made many (many!) memories together.  We have been friends for as long as I can remember.  I went on family vacations with her family.  I spent more nights at her house, than at anyone else's home.  I still have her parent's (no longer in use) home phone number memorized.  It's one of those phone numbers I dialed constantly.

In High School, Derek Lansing, helped to tutor me in Calculus.  We may, or may not, have spent several tutoring "sessions" on a side tangent about Sarah.  I remember him deciding to ask her out on their first date.

And now, Sarah and Derek are moving.  To California.  Which, is too far away in my opinion.  Unfortunately for me, they didn't ask me.

So...since I can't stop them, the least I can do is throw them a Going Away Party.  And, you're invited!  Join us  as we celebrate their new adventure!
To my friend, Sarah, I will miss you...and, luckily, California is within visiting distance!

No comments: