Monday, August 6, 2012

Colorado . 07.30-31.2012 . Swimming & Driving Home

Before going to Colorado, I looked online for a few things we might be able to do with the boys, in case they needed to get out of the house.  Mulberry Pool is a nearby indoor aquatic center, and it looked like it would be fun for the boys.

Monday morning, after breakfast, we headed there.  My parents and Aunt Colleen joined us (remember the post about me being annoying with the camera...yeah, this is one of those occasions...).  The slide was a fast one, and you landed in a full splash of water...still, my dad took each of the boys down, and would just cup his hand over their nose, with someone waiting at the bottom to grab them out of the water.  Ryder was okay with it, but only twice; Harvick didn't seem to mind, but didn't love it either...and, my fish - Jarrett - LOVED it.  He cried the first time my dad walked away from him, without taking him down again.  The water was a bit cool, but the hot tub provided warmth when we needed a break!

Mullberry Pool.

That evening, my mom's friend, Peggy, was going to come out to Fort Collins, but was unable to make it.  We had left the late afternoon/evening to just relax, and spend time together.  The boys played, and Ryder and I worked on his speech for a bit.


Tuesday, we headed home.  We decided to leave just after breakfast...and...instead of nearly 11.5 hours, it only took 10.5 this time.  The boys did well...for being 3 and 1.  They definitely were tired of the car (as were Patrick and me), but stayed entertained with toys, books, their blankets & lambs, and endless games of peek-a-boo.

A picture of the drive home.

One day, I swear this self-portrait thing is going to get easier!
TOP: Proof it was the Utah sign.
MIDDLE: The best shot of the 5 of us, with no proof of reaching Utah (the sign).
BOTTOM: My favorite of the bloopers...Harvick was in such a good mood!

Thank you, Aunt Colleen, for hosting us.  The driving was long...but the trip was so worth it!

No comments: