Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ducks & SLC . 08.18.2012

A few weeks ago, we planned to head to SLC to celebrate my dad and my birthday with my parents and brother.  Patrick and I thought it would be fun to still go to the Farmers Market in the morning, but the night before decided a picnic breakfast at the Duck Pond might be more fun this week (and take less time, since we would be closer to home).

As always, the boys love the Duck Pond.  There must have been a lot of ducklings born this year, because the pond was FILLED with ducks.



We headed home to let Harvick & Jarrett nap, have lunch, and get to the FrontRunner station to board the train to SLC!

We walked around Gateway for a bit, stopping in at a few stores, before going to the movie To The Arctic 3D.  Surprisingly, Ryder was willing to wear the 3D glasses for most of the movie.  Harvick slept through the beginning, while Jarrett clearly was tired, but managed to keep himself awake - they each took turns wearing the glasses for a bit, but preferred to watch the slightly-blurry-non-glasses version.

After the movie, we took the Trax, or another "train", as Ryder preferred to call it, to PF Changs...well, a few blocks from the restaurant.  Patrick's mom and Ann introduced me to PF Changs, and I love going there - my parents have never been - so it was a perfect birthday dinner choice!

Clark Planetarium and PF Changs.
Ryder has become interested in my camera, and I allow him to take his own pictures , when I can be close by. The picture on the center bottom is his...I tell him to look through the view finder for what he wants to take a picture of - he took this one, pulled the camera down to see the screen, and exclaimed, "OH YES! It's my MILT (milk)!"  The fact that my parents are in the picture is simply background to him - he saw the photo on the computer again as I was transferring the files and exclaimed again how he took a picture of his milk!

Dinner ran a little later than we expected, so we had to catch a later Trax, then FrontRunner train.  By the time we hit Farmington (about 8:30), the boys were ready for bed.  It took a bit of game playing, and being generally silly, to keep the boys happy on the remaining ride home.



Thanks, mom and dad, for a fun birthday celebration!  We all had a great time.

No comments: