Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sleepy Babies

Ryder is not, nor has he ever been, a car sleeper.  The old adage about putting a fussy baby in the car, and going for a drive, never worked for him.  Harvick and Jarrett are more likely to fall asleep in the car, but they don't typically.  Especially on the drive home from the babysitter.

But, the last week, they did.  Harvick and Jarrett were both more fussy/upset than usual, and given their likely teething/allergies/bad air, they haven't been feeling their best anyway - so, I gave in, and handed them the pacifiers I keep in my console.  By the time we got home, both babies were out.  I got the car completely unloaded, and they were still asleep.  I got Jarrett out of his carseat first, then Harvick.  Both remained asleep.  I walked inside, and sat down with them, they stayed asleep.  I asked Ryder to bring me the camera, and was able to take a few pictures.  At first, they stayed upright against my chest, but when Harvick semi-woke-up, and shifted to lay down more, Jarrett followed him, and laid on top - so cute!  This doesn't happen often, and I wanted pictures (proof!).  It's been about 5+ months since they both fell asleep (or, in this case, stayed asleep) in my arms...

(Harvick in light orange, Jarrett in dark orange)

I loved every minute!

No comments: