Monday, August 27, 2012

Ryder . First Day of School . 2012/2013

Ryder's first day of Preschool this morning was filled with (preventable) drama over transportation.  I was on the phone beginning at 6:00am to get the issues resolved.  But, Ryder knew nothing about it.  He was just excited to go to Preschool this morning!

Ryder . First Day of School . 2012/2012
Wearing a new train shirt (by his choosing!), and the sandals he picked out.

(Look at how much he has grown since last year!)

I bribed Ryder to get the above shot, by letting him take a few pictures with the camera, while he was laughing at the pictures he took, I quickly turned the camera back on him.  I love this picture!

Why, yes, I did park far enough away for Ryder to not see me, but close enough to ensure he was picked up and dropped off appropriately.  And, yes, I did take my "telephoto" lens with me.  Patrick says if had done the same thing (including following the bus each direction), he would have been arrested...no one said anything to me, if they even noticed!

I was able to briefly talk with Ryder's Teacher, S, this afternoon.  She commented on what a sweet boy Ryder is, and that he did really well today.

This is Ryder's second year in Preschool, but it is different.  This time he will be specifically working to improve his verbal expression.  He will be working hard, and being put in situations he doesn't like.  We anticipate this year to be a big one for Ryder.  He didn't have much to tell us about school, other than he played with the "blue train and a coal car", but LOVED the bus rides!

No comments: