Monday, August 13, 2012

Roy Days . 2012

I love fireworks!  But...with 3 young boys, it was just too much to take them out to all of the local fireworks shows.  And, in Utah, at this time of year, there are shows at least weekly.  Keeping in mind it would be best to not mess with their schedule continuously, Patrick and I agreed to skip the majority of the shows, but that we would not miss Roy Days!  After living just a block away for 5 years, and still within a few miles for the past 3, we just can't miss it!

We all ate dinner at home, gave the boys baths, got them dressed in their jammies, and packed up for the park.  After finding a spot to sit, we played with the boys to keep them entertained - spinning, chasing, running, whatever it took!


Me, with my boys (in their jammies...my current favorite ones!).
(Ryder, Harvick, and Jarrett)

When the vendors started walking around with the various light toys, I could not pass up the glow necklaces for the boys!

Yes, I do know that these aren't the greatest pictures, but the boys enjoyed their necklaces...and I want to remember what will probably be the last year I can get away with the $2 glow sticks...instead of the $7+ swords!

The boys were all interested in the fireworks this year!  Ryder took a minute of asking "whats-sat?!" (what's that?) after every explosion, but quickly figured out the answer was the same each time!



Earlier that night, before it got too dark, we took a family self portrait (see last year's post for previous years!).  I LOVE this picture!  Maybe they are starting to understand the concept of a self portrait...

Roy Days . 2012
(Jarrett, Harvick, and Ryder)

Roy Days is definitely my favorite firework show of the year!  And, I love that Patrick and I started going years ago, and that we haven't missed a show since.  I'm already looking forward to Roy Days 2013...

No comments: