Friday, August 31, 2012

Walking

This Summer, I tried to walk daily, but the heat really made it difficult.  For nearly the whole month of July, Ryder and I would leave to go walking at about 7:45.  Patrick would get Harvick and Jarrett in bed, and when we got home, Ryder would get ready and go to bed as well.  We started taking more varied routes, but quickly found that Ryder enjoyed it most when we would walk up to the nearby park...he loves the slides!  We had to negotiate for a few minutes as we approached the playset, so that Ryder had a predetermined number of slide opportunities, so he wasn't disappointed when we couldn't stay longer!


But, the hot weather got to us, and our walking hasn't been happening for the last few weeks.  Tonight, with the weather finally cooler, we all headed out together!

Yes, I do realize that I am fortunate to have a husband willing to cooperate in my picture taking efforts.  Especially one that sets up the camera for me!

My silly boys!
(Jarrett, Harvick, and Ryder)

I love walking with my boys!  It seems to be an especially good time for Ryder to walk on verbal expression exercises, as he is a captive audience!  I'm praying the weather stays cool, and that we can continue our walks, even when winter approaches.

No comments: